Cat in labor, getting nervous

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy everything worked out. I figured there was something wrong with her dripping blood i'm glad you got her to the vet. And those are 4 lucky kittens!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad this all worked out, though it's very sad that she lost the kitten. Maybe not so surprising when you think of how old 11 years is for a kitty!

Those 4 little babies must be SO happy though!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
woah I somehow missed that she was 11 years old. No wonder she couldn't have babies! When a cat turns a certain age the pelvis can fuse and is not as flexible making it almost impossible for the cat to have babies. My grandmother's Dachshund accidently got pregnant for the first time when she was 10 years old she lost all three babies and almost died in the process. Sadly she also died of breast cancer a year later.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure glad to hear this follow-up. And it sounds like it all worked out for the best.

I would say spaying and neutering for everyone involved would be a good idea, right?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry she lost her kitten, but so happy to here it worked out in the end! How wonderful that she gets to foster the orphans! I cant wait to see pics
and look forward to family updates!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I would say spaying and neutering for everyone involved would be a good idea, right?
I agree.
Especially considering Momma cat's age..

I'm sorry to hear that Momma lost her baby, but I'm glad to hear that the outcome had a "happy" ending.

~KK~

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twentysix

Okay, so we took her to the vet a few days ago, and she ended up losing her kitten (there was only one). But she was so depressed, we couldn't take it, so we called around to different animal shelters in the area, knowing there must be a litter of kittens that needed a momma since it's spring. We found her 4 adorable little kittens whose mother had died, and she has been the happiest foster mom ever since.

I'm upset about her losing her kitten, but I'm really glad this worked out. The people at the animal sheter had been having trouble getting them to drink from a bottle because all they wanted was their mother. As soon as we put the two carriers together, the kittens tried to crawl in (they smelled her milk). And as soon as we put them in, she began purring and cleaning them, since they were matted with dirt and feces with no mother to clean them. Now they're a happy little family! And they're black and white (except one grey tiger) just like her, so they really look like her long lost kittens!
What a wonderful outcome! I'm sorry her one baby died and that her new babies' mom died, but it's great that you checked around to find a litter for her to raise!