Cat in heat?

a&as mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Out of my 3 young kitties, the male, who is larger, has already been neutered [about a month ago] but the two girls [who are substantially smaller] are not yet spayed. Molly is the older one [from a diff litter than the other girl] and is apparently in heat; she is being affectionate, making her calling/chirping noises and assuming the mating position. We were already planning to spay her [and the other girl] but we wanted to wait to they were a little larger which they are now, but the soonest the vet could get Molly in to spay is Dec 13th [about 3 weeks from now roughly]. Will this bother her to wait this long? This is my first time experiencing a cat in heat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how much it'll bother her, but it'll probably drive YOU crazy, LOL. She might stop calling in about a week to 10 days, although some cats don't stop until mated or spayed. She might start trying to escape, so keep an eye on her. Don't be surprised if the other female also goes into heat, they seem to trigger each other's hormones.

How old was the boy when he was neutered? If he was old enough to be fertile, sometimes males can retain sperm for a couple of months after being neutered. It's probably a slim chance if he's young, but you might want to keep him separated from her just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a&as mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was about 5 months roughly when he was fixed [and he was fixed on Sept 17th].

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a&as mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there anything I can do to make this easier on her? [food differences anything] or is this just how it naturally is? i feel bad for her lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kitties feel better with a heat pad on their tummy. . .cramps, maybe? Otherwise, no, not much we can do about it. Poor girlies!