cat in heat—help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mssandora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My poor baby Rogue is back in heat again. She went for about 7 days, then seemed to be out of it, now she's definitely full force again. The thing I'm confused about is...I read an article that said this cycle lasts 15-22 days (another member posted this info as well). It also stated that cats have 2-4 estrous cycles per year...if they're mated they can go out of heat anywhere from 24 hours to 4 days. If they're not mated, obviously that's a different story. What I'm curious about is does this 15-22 days count the 7 days in 7 days out now back in again? And then I believe it says she can re-cycle every 2-3 weeks. But if a cat only has 2-4 per year...? I'm just a tad confused. My fear is if she goes in every other week, she'll have at least four more of these. She seems to be much louder this time, too. I called my vet early in the week and begged them to see if there was a cancellation, but there wasn't. As I mentioned before, we have an appointment on August 30th. And, as much as I want my vet to do the surgery, I think I may have to call them this week and see if she has any other suggestions on where I might be able to get Rogue spayed. I just can't imagine my poor angel going through this 4 - 6 more times. YIKES. Not to mention the neighbors are about ready to kill me. If anyone has any experience in this and any info you can pass along, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.