Cat I am looking into adopting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recieved an email to let me know that I won't be able to adopt him.
They said they don't think he would be a good match with another male. The woman forwarded my email to a woman here in maine, she says she has a beautiful blue male that was going to be used as a breeder, so he should be very nice, and he has a great wavy coat. They decided not to use him in their breeding program so he is going to be neutered soon. He is about 8 months. Although he sounds wonderful, I think I will have to tell them No. I am a little upset about not getting Cazh, and I think I am just not going to adopt any cats right now.

Thank-you all for your support and encouragement.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I'm sorry too. While I disagree with a male rex not wanting to be around other males (all my boys were fine), they know the cat. Maybe they were looking at an only cat home instead.

When you are ready to adopt, let me know - I know a lot of rex breeders and can help you pick the right one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Aww I'm sorry too. While I disagree with a male rex not wanting to be around other males (all my boys were fine), they know the cat. Maybe they were looking at an only cat home instead.

When you are ready to adopt, let me know - I know a lot of rex breeders and can help you pick the right one
While I completely respesct, and understand their decision, after all they know the cat and he is their main concern, not worrying about upsetting me, I feel they could have asked me more questions about me and my male cat. They weren't just looking for a one cat home, on his page they said he wouldn't mind a cat-friendly dog, or a friendly playful cat, but wouldn't like a pushy dominent cat. I wish they would have asked me more about my cat, and not assumed because he is an intact male that he is dominent, non of my cats are pushy or dominent, they are all friendly, even my male. Plus on occation he is caged. I wish I had made that clearer, but I just gave them a quick summary of me and my home thinking they wouldn't just decide on one email, and would have more questions for me. So, I am upset that I won't be adopting him, I am happy to see they are looking so thoroughly into a home for him, and so concerned about him, after all, I would be the same way, I am interested in placing my babies in the best home for THEM, not potential adopters . So I am sure seeing how he probley won't have many chances of being adopted at his age, they gave it serious thought (mabey thats why it toke so long to get back to me) and was doing what they thought was best for him.
Thanks for encouraging me, mabey next time? (although I will know if I am getting it before posting next time, LOL!)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad I didn't know you when I had to place some of my rexes before moving - you'd be a good home for one of mine