cat hissing and trying to play at same time

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to introduce my two resident cat Bella and Chloe to a 3 year old furball of love that I rescued she lives people her name is tish. Bella my alpha puss and tish have for the mist part for used to each other but Chloe 6 months old wil not stop hissing at tish and growling. So last night tish was on top of my night stand and Chloe was on the bottom level Chloe was hissing at tish while laying on her back trying to paw her up thru the back side of the table. Do u think Chloe hisses at her to try to get her to play? That's what it looked like but I've never heard of such a thing. What do you guys think?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissing accompanied with growls is not an invitation to play. How did you do their introductions? I would take a few steps back and try reintroductions which this article can help with. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats. Go slowly and they will work things out.

I do think Chloe's age will be an advantage to her eventually accepting Trish. At 6 months she is young enough to still be quicker to accept change then an older cat.