Cat Having Allergy Attack? Video Attached

tjs0331

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all, here's the video:
It was recorded today. She's a rescue senior girl, approximately 8 years old. Her health has never been fantastic, but she was in rough shape before we adopted her. Ongoing battles with dandruff, dirty ears, and sneezing, now in addition to whatever this "episode" is that she's having. I've heard the word reverse-sneeze thrown around, is this what that is? How can I help her?

Thanks in advance. <3

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She needs to see a Vet and figure out what is going on. I would get her in ASAP. Show video to your Veterinarian.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you are in an area that has crypto coccus, I would test for that. Ask your Vet if it is in your area.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How is she doing otherwise - eating/drinking/using the litter box all good? I am not really familiar with reverse sneezing, but perhaps your vet would recognize what this could be if you send them this video to look at? Odds are they will want to see her anyway, but it can't hurt to ask them to take a look at the video.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Reverse sneezing is just sucking air back in as opposed to sneezing it out. I do think that your girl might be doing this, but it is of much greater concern that she is doing it so repeatedly and seems so uncomfortable, even as if it is affecting her breathing. Many cats who reverse sneeze do it a couple of times and then it is over for a long time and they are back to normal. She definitely needs to see a vet. You were very kind to rescue her and give her a home after her hard life.