cat hates dog!!

louiseg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there...im wondering if anyone has had experiences with their cat hating the dog?? Our kitten is 4 months and our pup is 3 months....the dog is mostly always outside...but occassionally comes in with supervision...the dog is quite large (a belgian shepard) and is rough when it comes to play time. we keep a close watch on them when they are together and the cats have many places to escape if they want too...but since we have had the dog the younger cat has been randomly peeing and sometimes pooping in the lounge on the carpet...we have 2 litter box's, have used enzyme cleaners and purchased repellants....doesnt seem to phase her (stubborn lil thing) what can i do??

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there...im wondering if anyone has had experiences with their cat hating the dog?? Our kitten is 4 months and our pup is 3 months....the dog is mostly always outside...but occassionally comes in with supervision...the dog is quite large (a belgian shepard) and is rough when it comes to play time. we keep a close watch on them when they are together and the cats have many places to escape if they want too...but since we have had the dog the younger cat has been randomly peeing and sometimes pooping in the lounge on the carpet...we have 2 litter box's, have used enzyme cleaners and purchased repellants....doesnt seem to phase her (stubborn lil thing) what can i do??
Go to the articles section and check out the ones on behavior.  Let me start you with this one.  www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-dogs

The dog is severely stressing out the younger cat, that is why he is peeing and pooping outside the litter box.