Cat Hasn’t Pooped In 24 Hours?

jessdotdotdot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has been eating normal, peeing normal and still full of energy aka not lethargic... he just hasn’t pooped in a little over 24 hours. I know it’s not a blockage cuz I’ve dealt with that with him prior and he has none of the same symptoms. Anything I can do to help him? It makes me worried cuz I clean his litter everyday and know he pees twice a day and poops once. Peeing is right on schedule. Just no poop.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Some cats just don't poop every 24 hours. Just like how some people don't poop every day but maybe every other day or a little longer and that's just normal for them. An occasional no poop for 24 hours or so is ok I'd give the cat another day before calling the vet to check for possible constipation. You can help things move along with a little canned pumpkin puree (any brand is ok even store generic as long as it is 100% pure pumpkin, not pie filling with spices). Just mix a spoonful into stinky canned food, seafood is usually good and a nice treat if you mainly feed meat. Add toppers if your cat is wary of the "tampered" canned food and won't eat ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessdotdotdot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, thank you so much for the advice! I will give it a try if I get home from work and still see no poop!! LTS3 LTS3