Cat has very little appetite...

TunaCat00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm pretty sure this is my fault, but I'm worried that something more serious is going on, or if it is my fault, am worried his health will get bad because of me. I recently tried to switch my cat's food too quickly. I've been trying for a while because I'm fairly sure he's allergic to chicken. I've tried a couple limited ingredient foods, but he almost always eventually rejects the food after a few weeks of slowly trying to incorporate it. This time I was short on his original food so I added much more of the new food then I normally would have until I could buy it (After about a day and a half)
On Thursday he was kind of distant and didn't seem to want either the new food or his original food. He threw up a very small amount (Mostly liquid) and his stools are runny. I bought a large can of pate and he did seem to want that. He ate a little less than half of it over the course of the night and started to eat a little of his original food again.
Yesterday though, he didn't want the pate or his food. He was acting a lot more like himself...but still had no appetite. Again, he vomited a very small amount. Eventually I bought some canned chicken (I was desperate, and even though I'm pretty sure it's the cause of his itchy skin, he loves chicken) and was able to get him to eat some of that. Again, I gave him small amounts over the night. Found out he'll also eat treats...but doesn't want soft food or his normal food.
My vet was closed by the time I tried to call yesterday...and apparently all weekend. Tried a different vet, but they couldn't get him in till next Friday. This morning I tried my parents vet, but the earliest they can see him is Monday. Today he seems less interested in the chicken, will still eat treats and those lickable things.
I'm worried because 1. I've had a cat with liver failure due to not eating before and am afraid it'll happen to him (He's less heavy then that cat was, but I'm still worried). And 2. I'm already hyper paranoid because I had a cat just pass away last week (He didn't live with me, lived with my parents, but was my first pet.) so I've already been emotional and kind of panicky. Any advice would be appreciated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I'm so sorry to hear about your other cat :vibes::redheartpump::rbheart::redheartpump:

Hang in there with this - you're doing the right thing regarding his liver, and hydration, to ensure that he's getting at least small quantities regularly.

There might be something in the various items here that he might be interested in;
Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!