Cat has rough nipple and red rash? Help!

buttonsthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Image should be attached.
I was petting my cat Buttons and I felt something rough. One of her nipples is hard and rough and she has a small red rash by it that looks like a small rug burn. I wonder if she scraped herself somehow or what's going on? Of course I googled it and now I'm convinced she has cancer becausd that's just how my brain works.

Buttons is almost 7 years old, I adopted her from the shelter when she was 4. She is spayed and completely indoors. I spend a majority my time kissing and cuddling and playing with her- she is everything to me! She is pretty chubby, but always grooms herself well as far as I can tell. She is a clumsy girl so I wouldn't be surprised if she got a scrape somehow but I've never seen this on her before. This is the only nipple that is hard, it feels rough and scabby but there are no lumps. It doesn't bother her when I touch it. She actually loves belly rubs.
I am very protective of her but she is my first cat so I'd like to know what you all think? I noticed this yesterday and the nipple is still hard today. Thank you in advance for your help!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's just adorable
  What fantastic markings

As far as the hard nipple and rash go, I have absolutely no idea what they might be, but if they don't go away in a few days, I would certainly take her in to be seen by the Vet, or at the very minimum, can you email your Vet the picture that you posted here? 

Hoping everything is AOK with Buttons.

Mcm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor Buttons! She is absolutely adorable, though :)

Just out of curiosity, could you say what happened to the spot on her belly? My little guy Bear has a very similar issue.

Hope all is well!