Cat has Ringworm...How to keep him comfortable separate from other animals?

Dgenners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!
We just found out that a new cat we had adopted (had him for about 2 weeks) has Ringworm. He had just started adapting and warming up to my other cat and getting into a routine.
We are awaiting his meds to begin treatment and will be separating him in his own safe room until at least 2 weeks after beginning the medicine. Does anyone have tips on how to keep him happy during this time?

Also, any tips on curing ringworm would be appreciated as well! We had a medicated shampoo and Intrafungol prescription coming early this week hopefully.
Thanks!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he has already been exposed to your other cat, then they should both be treated, and I'm not sure they really need to be kept separated at this point. Did your Vet say they should be kept completely isolated from each other until the ringworm is gone? That could take quite awhile unless it is a very mild case.

I've never had to deal with it, but can give you some articles on it. I think most people use the oral medication and a lime sulpher dip rather than than a medicated shampoo though.

This one article actually has everything you need to know all in one place, including links to other threads:

How to Deal with Ringworm in Cats [Inc. the Housecleaning Regime] – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dgenners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has exposed my other cat, but the other cat does not have any symptoms as of yet so the vet recommended separating them for now. We are planning to treat both once the medication comes.

Thanks! I will check out the article and look into lime-sulfer dips. We are feeling super anxious to get started and hopefully be able to get this under control soon 🙁