cat has puffy lip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have another question.

Since she got the shot about a week ago, the ulcer is almost gone, but she has been less and less playful. Is that expected?

I try to get her to run around and play with me or sit and play with a toy, but she just gets irritated with me.

kevin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont think that has anything to do with the injection. Honestly, when Simba had depro shots before it really didnt make any change in his behaviour. Now he's treated with pred tablets but he did get a couple of depro shots early on.

PS- As an aside, I would guess that the lip ulcer really didn't cause any significant pain in your cat; or at least that she showed outwardly. Sound right? One of the strange things about those lesions is that it doesn't seem to bother them, as if it's not causing any discomfort. Strange!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This might be a stupid question, but are certain breeds of cat more prone to this than others? I'm assuming Simba is a Maine Coon. The purported father of my cat was a Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat (it's hard to tell the difference).

kevin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, I don't know if breed has a role in it. :-( Simba has a fur coat as if he was a Maine Coon (including LONG silky hair between his paw pads) but he is really a small cat- he is only about 4.5 kg. His lineage is a mystery to me as he was found wandering alone as a kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Himalayan, here.