Cat Has Flutd

Miura72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat already go to the available clinic. No feel the bump under the stomach (swollen bladder) mean no urine accumulate the doc said .I dont know why no test is take out to diagnosis .Antibiotic,supplement to flush urine and drug to destroy the crystal or struvite stone is provide to me .Is my can has tendency to exposed reaccurance this flutd?How cat live in apartment not become stress?Feliway diffuser/spray ,nutrivet pet ease and bach essence may help but not because of do not go outside. Of course cat should has litter box to make sure has pee or not . Cat is obsolutely indoor when use cat litter. But how to make sure they not stress if stay only in house?Exercise and toy enrichment maybe helpful .How them get infection?I want my cat stay outdoor but still using litter box .Do anyone has idea on how i can make this?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your cat male or female? Males are more likely to have this kind of blockage, because the pee has farther to go to get out of the body.

Except for the trouble peeing, does your cat act as if he's stressed?

Did the vet actually say that it was an infection, or did he give an antibiotic just in case?

Much like people, cats can pick up infections in a lot of ways. It can come into the house on your shoes or hands, or through an open window with a screen, just for starters. If you have guests they may bring some infection on their clothing, without ever knowing it.

And it may not be an infection. Is there fish in your cat's food? It's high in the minerals that cause this kind of obstruction; you may want to change his diet.

Give your cat the drugs the vet prescribed. Make sure he finishes the entire course of antibiotics, even if he seems to be better! Play with him, snuggle him, do things that make him purr; that's the best stress reducer on the planet. And if he hasn't been neutered, get that done. If being an indoor-only cat stresses him it's probably because of hormones.

Margret