Cat Has Diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If a forign object is suspected the next step is digital imaging not just 'waiting for it to pass'.

Especialy since the vomiting not eating and diareah suggest obstruction or partial obstruction.

Id be getting her to a different vet.
Yes, that’s what I’m doing tomorrow. Going to the vet I actually trust. Today’s vet did digital imaging, ultrasound I mean. He said there is a foreign object. But I can’t really trust the guy so probably we will have another ultrasound and/or X rays to see.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes xray would give a better view than ultrasound. Solid objects show up on xrays and they are clearer than ultrasound.

But her symptoms are concerning an sugest obstruction or partial obstruction. Surgery would be the only way to clear this. A partial obstruction can actualy be made worse by waiting for things to "pass", food debries gets cought up around it and makes it bigger.

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes xray would give a better view than ultrasound. Solid objects show up on xrays and they are clearer than ultrasound.

But her symptoms are concerning an sugest obstruction or partial obstruction. Surgery would be the only way to clear this. A partial obstruction can actualy be made worse by waiting for things to "pass", food debries gets cought up around it and makes it bigger.
Yes, I know that if it’s foreign object, surgery will be our only way to fix this. It’s probably not solid object though. I suggest it’s a piece of a rag she ate, even tho I saw her throwing up the exact same piece she ate. If it’s a rag, it’s a really small piece so I doubt it could cause an obstruction. Maybe she ate something else then, I don’t know. Symptoms really suggest an obstruction but I don’t really think it is. Either way, we will know for sure tomorrow.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If this is not the same vet clinic, and I apologize if I am not understanding that it is, all the records are yours and have to be forwarded in a very timely manner to the other vet.

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If this is not the same vet clinic, and I apologize if I am not understanding that it is, all the records are yours and have to be forwarded in a very timely manner to the other vet.
No, it’s not the same clinic. I don’t know if it will be possible though, don’t know if it works this way in Ukraine, especially when it’s different cities. We will do another imaging just to be safe I guess.

Taylor0614

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
U can call the vet u took ur cat to already ask them to email everything they have done including the imaging results this way u will be able to either print it off at home and take everything in with u or email it to the vet u r going to tomorrow. They r required to give u these results. My wife is very strict on doing this with every vet appointment so we have an electronic copy of everything and we also print everything off to keep in a folder that way if need be we can take her folder with us to a diff vet if we have to go to another place and not our usual vet. U will want to ask to have xray done as it will show foreign objects clearer than ultrasound

lwndlnd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If a forign object is suspected the next step is digital imaging not just 'waiting for it to pass'.

Especialy since the vomiting not eating and diareah suggest obstruction or partial obstruction.

Id be getting her to a different vet.

Ok so an ultrasound was done but if something showed up chances are it won't pass without surgery.
Hello everyone!

I was at the vets yesterday with my Brownie. Thankfully, I was able to take her to our vet whom I trust tremendously. She is the most attentive, caring and smart vet I’ve ever met. I just knew she would put my cat’s health first, not my anxiety or money. We did X rays with contrast which didn’t show any obstruction. Our vet performed another ultrasound which showed duodenum spasm, inflamed pancreas and inflamed intestines. We did blood tests as well, her ALT and AST both were a bit elevated, my vet thinks that her liver ducts are inflamed as well since they are close to pancreas itself. Her platelet count is a bit low as well. Otherwise everything looks good on the blood tests. Brownie also had her anal glands inflamed. No fever, nothing else. My vet prescribed a treatment which includes B12 shots, shots to remove her spasms and another ones to prevent vomiting, meds to reduce inflammation in the intestines and her liver ducts, also absorbents and probiotics, as well as meds to clear any possible bacterial infections.

Brownie feels better already, no vomiting and diarrhea since our vet visit! Even tho she eats small portions and not really enthusiastic about it, I do feel a lot better. We have a long road ahead to treat her but it looks promising and I just hope to see my little baby fully recover and become her silly goofy self. I’m doing everything I can to make sure it happens as fast as possible. She gets a lot of cuddles and kisses, I just love her so so much. She’s not happy about all the injections and medication but I try to be as gentle as possible with her, to make her feel as comfortable as possible. I hope she will regain her appetite soon, for now I’m just glad she’s eating at least a bit and not vomiting or having diarrhea. She even had completely normal poop today!

I’m so grateful for my vet. She is so brilliant, so caring and attentive. I spent two hours at the vets talking to her and performing every test at the morning, she also did everything to make sure nothing’s stuck in Brownie’s intestines or stomach. We were back at the evening to perform another ultrasound and see if her spasms were still there and if injection helped. I’ve spent another hour there talking about everything once again. My vet explained everything to me, answered every question and let me know she respects and admires me for everything I do for my cats. She is so gentle with my babies every time, she also tries her best to support me and reassure me everything will be alright. I literally couldn’t wish for a better vet for my babies. I trust my vet completely and I felt so much better just seeing her, knowing my Brownie is in good hands. The thing is I live two hours away, that’s why I wasn’t able to see my vet as fast as possible. But this was another time I made sure that she is the best partner for me to take care about my fur kids. I literally can’t express my gratitude enough. Just wanted to take a minute and talk about her here.

Thank you guys once more. I will keep you posted about Brownie. Here’s some pictures of her after our vet visit. She was so brave, I’m so proud of my girl <3

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you guys once more. I will keep you posted about Brownie. Here’s some pictures of her after our vet visit. She was so brave, I’m so proud of my girl <3
That's great to hear! Brownie's a brave gal and she's beautiful! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

Yes, it's important to have a good vet that have your pet at heart and also it's important if you can find a vet that own cats and that will make sure your cats are in good hands.