cat has constant diarrhea

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 7 month old kitten is the same way. Feeding raw seems to be the answer if other health concerns are ruled out. My kittens currently on 60% raw and 40% canned. His poop has gotten better. I suspect itd be even better if he was on all raw.

cutietoni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes to the PCR, yes to the food and I think he was put on metronizadole anyway even though his stool samples came back clear.
When you say feeding raw do you mean like raw chicken? We have tried plain boiled chicken, he did that for 2 weeks and it made no difference.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What foods have you tried?  Wet or dry?  How long was he on each?  I ask because if you're changing dry food too rapidly, that will cause diarrhea.  What kind of probiotic is he on?

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put Midi (Midnight) on a commercial raw (Natures Variety and Stella and Chewies) along with canned food (no kibble for him)  and it really seemed to agree with him. But you have to be super diligent with respect to cleanliness of his food area. Use Stainless Steel bowls, wash them with every meal, I even bleach them. Make sure that if the food doesn't get eaten after a few hours of thawing throw it out.   

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes to the PCR, yes to the food and I think he was put on metronizadole anyway even though his stool samples came back clear.
When you say feeding raw do you mean like raw chicken? We have tried plain boiled chicken, he did that for 2 weeks and it made no difference.
Like commercial raw food that is a complete meal. I feed my diarrhea cat frozen primal nuggets.

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used the Fortiflora (but now more for an appetite stimulant) and a limited ingredient diet.  He also takes .5mg a day of prednisolone.