Cat has been pregnant 75 days

karengill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been pregnant for 75 days so she is overdue... she is not producing milk wither.. she seems happy enough... should i take her to the vets or wait a little long as i got told they should only be pregnant for 69 days?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat has been pregnant for 75 days so she is overdue... she is not producing milk wither.. she seems happy enough... should i take her to the vets or wait a little long as i got told they should only be pregnant for 69 days?
Yes, that is much.  Even 69 days is quite above average.

Although some maternity lines - and possibly some breeds, may have much shorter or much longer pregnancies.   Some tell many siamese maternity lines are know for long pregnancies. but surely not all - we had siamese breeders who did denyeied such.

We had a couple of such long pregnancies - but the most probable you did miscounted somewhere.

HOW sure you are its 75 days??  Is there any possiblility it isnt?

Anyways, cats usually manage a too long pregnancy better than human.  While the kittens dont manage well too short pregnancy, again unlike humans.

So, IF you decide to let the vet help with forcing forth the labor or the cesarean, it shouldnt be dangerous to the kittens, they are ready made now - if you counted correctly.

Good luck!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is it going?

If you are SURE its over 75 days now, I will suggest you talk with your vet, even take her to the vet. Not necessary a crash emergency, but sitll rather ASAP: 

but pick a knowleable vet if you have several different to choose among.

Not all vets are good at obstetrics.