Cat Has A Swollen Forehead/bump

mazzymadel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all..
My boy is in pain again.. I think.
There's a big bump on his forehead.. between his eyes, on top of his nose. It didn't exist just 6 hours ago! I brush his face for a minute or so everyday with a mascara wand. I know his very very well. His forehead was flat just this afternoon. I can't tell what could it be. Could it get swollen from a trauma or an injury? He's acting normal. I touched it a few times very gently just to feel it. I couldn't tell if it being touched hurt or bothered him or he just wanted to get away. I'm super worried... have you ever seen anything like this that was NOT serious? I already have an appointment with the vet in 3 days because of random sneezing here and there and to get his vaccines updated. I just wanna make sure 3 days is not too long for this bump. And I can't tell if it could be related to his sneezing as this didn't even exist just 6 hours ago.

Attached are photos. Please help...
My 4 year old cat Dubby has the same bump on his forehead and also his left eye is irritated. His bump also seemed to appear suddenly. Last Friday I took him to the GP veterinarian. She tried to aspirate the lump, but no pus only blood. She still treated it empirically with injectable Convenia antibiotic as if it was an infection from a cat fight. . 4 days later no improvement and eye looks worse.
This had me worried this could be something more nefarious.

I took him to see an internal medicine veterinarian today Tues 8/30. I'm afraid it's going to be cancer, which is high on the list. He's scheduled to have CT scan and rhinoscopy on Wed 9/7...in 8 days.
She also tested him for the fungal infection Cryptococcus.

So worried. Dubby is the sweetest boy!

Attachments

mazzymadel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet said it seems like he got hurt playing rough! told me to give it 2 weeks and if anything changes in between to bring him back! I was so happy to know that it wasn't an actual "growth"! PHEW!
How is he doing now?
Do you know what it was?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The OP has not been back for over a year and a half, so you will probably not get a personal reply.

You are doing everything you can for Dubby, who is a beautiful boy. Is he an ex feral who was TNRed? Did you get the crypto results yet? Please let us know what you find out and take this step by step.