Cat has a growth :(

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat hasn't been himself, straining to pop, not eating much.

TL,DR: he went for x rays and there is a lump growing on either the small intestine or pancreas. We are waiting for bloodwork.

If bloodwork comes back clean then we'll likely know it probably isn't life threatening. After that they want us to get an ultrasound before operating to remove it. (This is all coming from the vet).

My question is why do they need both an x Ray and an ultrasound before they operate if they know if must be removed? We know there is a lump, we know where it is and we know he's suffering.

Anyone else been through this? Is this just normal procedure?

Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poop sorry not pop

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know the answer to your question, but would say why not ask your Vet why they need both. It seems like a reasonable question. If you Vet doesn't like you to ask questions, then they are not a reasonable Vet, in my opinion.

But that's even jumping ahead. First you need to get that bloodwork back and hope everything checks out ok.

Please keep us informed.

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
An ultrasound gives a clearer picture than an x-ray and shows more of the surroundings, allowing it to be understood. I'm sorry your kitty is suffering, and hopefully the vet will be able to help with a stool softener or something, so he's not straining as much to poop, which may help him a lot. I know it's super hard to be patient when your kitty is unwell.