Cat Hair Vacuum

ladybella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried vacuum for cats? Would you recommend such a tool, is it effective?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That is so funny - not your question, but how I interpreted it (vs. rubysmama rubysmama 's interpretation). :D I envisioned this:

Unfortunately, if you did mean the type depicted in the pic above, I can't offer any recommendations. Although, I have heard of members using the Furminator, which is what I guess I would call a de-shedding tool, and there actually is an accessory to add to it to 'suck up' the cat hair that is removed by the Furminator. Here's a pic of both:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I interpreted it as being a question about vacuum cleaners for cat hair on carpets/floors. Perhaps the OP could elaborate a bit more so we can assist better with the appropriate advice. Thanks!

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are so afraid of vacuums that I don't believe any vacuums will work on them. I tried it once with one cat who wasn't too afraid of the noise, but as soon as he felt the suction, off he went.

As for the floors, I think the most important part is keeping the vacuum clear of cat hair. I have a Dyson, which works very well, but I had to take it apart the last time I used it and thoroughly clean it. Fur was so padded in the floor tool that it looked like felt. I empty it out every time I use it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat really hates brushing, mine usually do, you can try this. It worked for us, also for the dog. Buy a wool rug. Doesn't have to be expensive, got ours at the big box. The wool collects cat and dog hair like nobodies' business. All you need then is a good vacuum or a good cat brush and a good clothes brush to brush the rug. I'm not joking. The dog was black and white and had chow in him, once a week the yellow rug was mostly black fur.

BTW you might want to buy a rug that is close to the color of your cat. Just saying.