cat grooming tips

strongd2121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today I made a big mistake and decided to try to cut my cats hair. I tried the Clippers and she freaked out so I switched to scissors so she wasent as stressed and it looks bad. I tried blending it but it still looks hacked. Does anyone have any tips on how to blend it or a easier way to groom her. Before saying take her to the groomers, I won't I know they would do a better job but she gets scared easily and I don't belive it's worth the stress it would cause and she was getting bad knots because she has been playing with my puppy (I brush her everyday, it dosent matter) she seems happier without her hair being so long but I'd like to make her look a little better. Any advice? Will it grow out normally?

dani713

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats definitely take time to get used to the whole grooming process. I've been a groomer for years and I'd love to help in anyway that I can. What type of scissors are you using? Thinning shears are the best for blending. It'll take practice to get it to look really good no matter what. Also you might be able to get her used to clippers by slowly introducing them. Get her used to the noise first and use treats. Then get her used to the feel of them. As far as how it grows back it all depends... With scissors it should grow in the same as her normal coat but with clippers it can damage the follicle and cause changes in the coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strongd2121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just used hair cutting scissors, I'm trying to get her used to the buzzers but no luck yet. I just feel bad she looks so hacked. I'm going to have to get thinning scissors to try thoes. She does seem happier tho, so I guess thats on the plus side. She just looks bad now, hopefully it grows back the same she has a beautiful coat