Cat Gone Missing - I'm Absolutely Distraught

Jetblack2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.
One of our three ginger puss-cats went missing last Tuesday (3rd) and we're worried sick. His name is Zach and he's just turned 1. He's never been gone this long before- the longest he's been gone is one day.

It's awful not knowing if he's hurt, or shut somewhere. It would be just terrible if he was starving in a barn somewhere. I don't know whether I should be fearing the worst.

We live on a farm in the countryside, and we're a bit of a way from any big roads. I think it's unlikely that he's been hit.

We've done everything we can to try and find him. Reported him missing on websites, asked around, and looked for him. But we can't find him.

He lives with five other cats, and I wonder, even though it's a terrible thought, if he's decided to live somewhere else.

Does anyone have any 'happy ending stories' of their cat going missing? I need something to make me feel better.

It's awful not knowing if where he is. He could be ANYWHERE! The thought of never seeing him again is heartbreaking.

Thank you.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he in the barn hanging out with the other cats? Demi escaped once and was playing in the woods for 2 days with the neighbor's cat. I saw him when he poked his head out of the woods. The only way I got him back was with his favorite kibble, then I grabbed him.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's always hope. Many years ago our cat Lucy went missing for 4 months. She was living in a box in some ones yard who fed her. We put up posters etc. and someone eventually told us where she was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jetblack2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M maggiedemi . Nope. We've looked in all our barns and no sign of him.

mightyboosh mightyboosh . That's good and bad. Good that you found her in the end- bad that someone was keeping her in a box. Thank you :)

shadowsrescue shadowsrescue . Thanks for the link! Yep, he's neutered. Sorry- I put all that other information and forgot to say that he's not intact.
Thank you for the replies

It's been two weeks now. We're desperate :(

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last cat Beau was missing for a week in frigid temperatures. He turned out to be hiding in the neighbor's shed-we lived in a town at the time, and we think he got confused by all the buildings and panicked. I finally managed to lure him out by shaking the treat bag, grabbed him, and ran inside.

I almost felt like a hero :agree: