Cat gets sick and vomits EVERY weekend

nadya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friend lives in Russia and her cat has a strange condition. None of the veterinarians can help her. She has done so many blood work tests and spent so much money with no results and no explanation of why her cat does it. Every weekend she has a bad appetite and doesn't want to eat. If she eats she vomits. She makes weird movements like if she would chew on something and shakes her head. The cat is female, 2 yo, neutered. Some vet said its gastritis but its very weird that she gets sick only during the weekends. All tests show that she's healthy. She's normal during the week, she plays. They regularly give her medicine for worms. The food they give her is purina veteriary diets EN. Any advice will help. Maybe somebody heard of something like that?? Thanks

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she do anything differently on the days leading up to the weekend? On those couple days before? Any different foods, treats, medicine, routine, anything at all?
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's what I'm thinking.  Something is different on the weekends.  Could be something as simple as a visitor that stresses out her cat. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They both work full time. The only thing that is different on the weekends - they don't go to work. I've heard of cats being stressed from staying home alone but not from staying home with their owners. And they don't have visitors every weekend. 

dragonsea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, Give your cat honey when she vomits. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Each of them have stomach issues and vomit at different times. I know what the issues are and the vet can't fix them (one dog vomits only after eating poop and she is always wanting to eat it.) The cats both vomit if switched to new food or stressed out. They will vomit non-stop all over my house. When this happens I put half a teaspoon of honey on each front paw. They stop vomiting once they have eaten it. It resets their insulin balance and also makes them drink water which rehydrates them. Give it a try. Honey is amaziing. It works with the dogs too. For Dosage, half a teaspoon for a cat over 12 pounds. 1/4 teaspoon for smaller adult ones. And DON'T try with a kitten or cat under 5 pounds.  This also works with dogs and human children.

Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nadya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I will try it