Cat gender

arthurthebengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! We found a stray Bengal Cat and there have been mixed answers as to what gender he/she is. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Attachments

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have yourselves a boy! The top hole is his anus, and the lower, bulging hole is where his penis is.

However, I can't see any testes, which suggests to me he's been neutered at a young age. That in turn means he could be someone's pet and they could be looking for him. If he is indeed a Bengal, that would be more evidence for him being a lost pet as it's rare to find a pedigree cat just living wild as a stray.

You have done absolutely the right thing by bringing him home where he will be safe, but if you haven't done so already, please get him to a vet to check if he's microchipped, and check whether the chip is up to date. If he isn't chipped, or if the chip is out of date, it will still be worth reaching out via word of mouth, social media, posters, etc., to see if anyone in your area has lost a cat matching his description.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arthurthebengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both! I think so too based on external evidence. He was taken to the vet yesterday and even she was unclear on the gender based on his lack of testicles and incision scar but she thought he was probably a young male. Thanks again!

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're more than welcome. Did she check if he was neutered? If he isn't, you should make that a priority (assuming you are keeping him and not transferring him to a rescue organisation). Can we see some pictures of him?

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! We found a stray Bengal Cat and there have been mixed answers as to what gender he/she is. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
Male. I don't see any balls though. How much does he weight? Did the vet give an estimate of age? No tipped ear, right?