Cat fur not growing back!

Koda&Jack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have two kittens Koda and Jack. When I got them they were both diagnosed with ringworm. I took them to the vet and Koda was prescribed itrafungol as a oral medication and both of the kitties are on a anti-fungal cream. Over the past 4 weeks, they have gotten so much better. Koda had a pretty big spot on her paw that is now growing back and almost completely healed! Jack is completely better, all the bald spots are gone. We are currently on our last week of itrafungol, but the little spot on Koda’s nose has yet to show any signs of improvement. All the other lesions are healing up and looking much better. I don’t know whether I should continue the cream, the packaging says to do it for 4 weeks, which we have already done, or just wait for it to get better. Does anyone have any advice? Or past experiences? Thanks!

Attachments

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you email that picture to your vet? Your vet is the one who should be answering treatment and medication questions.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my layman’s opinion, it doesn’t look inflamed, infected, or irritated. I’m guessing maybe the bridge of the nose just doesn’t grow fur back as fast as other places. But send the pic to your vet. It doesn’t look like anything you would need to bring him down to the office for. But I’m no vet. 🤷🏼‍♂️

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat had ringworm and it took it over a month for the fur to grow back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Koda&Jack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies! The spot isn’t bothering her at all. I emailed the shelter we got her from and they said that as long as she isn’t bothered by it we should be good. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to grow back.