Cat flu and anorexia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, he didn't want to eat this morning. I gave him the cypro about 15 minutes ago and then we're going to try to feed him. Otherwise, it's back to forcefeeding.

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long does it take for the Cypro to wear off? I gave it to him at about 10 a.m. but he didn't really eat a lot until 3 p.m. Is it possible that he's feeling a bit better and that's why he wanted to eat?

He ate all night tonight. We picked up some Fancy Feast and he was very excited about it. I put the can down to let him smell it and he immediately started eating. I quickly scooped it onto a plate, sprinkled a bit of acidophilus on it and let him eat. He ate about 1/2 the can right away. He ate that whole can throughout the night and I've just opened another for him to eat. I'll probably be up all night worrying anyway so it's easy to give him meals throughout the night. He kept going back to where we are feeding him so we just kept giving him food. It was great to see that he was actually seeking out food.
He's also made several trips to the fountain, water bowl, and the faucet.

I can only hope that tomorrow is even better.

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very happy to report that Max ate a full ration today!
And I didn't even have to coax him. He is doing SO much better and seems to be back to his bratty self. We are still on high alert for anorexia, but it looks like he's shaken the worst of whatever was going on.

Thank you all so much for your help. It is amazing the wealth of knowledge (and the willingness to share it) on this board.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Candy

I am very happy to report that Max ate a full ration today!
And I didn't even have to coax him. He is doing SO much better and seems to be back to his bratty self. We are still on high alert for anorexia, but it looks like he's shaken the worst of whatever was going on.

Thank you all so much for your help. It is amazing the wealth of knowledge (and the willingness to share it) on this board.