Cat Fighting With Others And Marking

cat dad72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone
I am having issues with my youngest of six cats. All male all neutered. Fritz I have had since he was a kitten, had two others when I found him that he gets along fine with. Since that time I have rescued three more all were adults one was ten and
the other two are four. They were introduced slowly but fritz has not warmed up to them there hasn't been any knock down drag out fights just hissing growling and sometimes chasing. I noticed about two monthes ago that someone had urinated on the kitchen table and also on the dresser I caught fritz doing it again on the table Sunday after one of the other cats jumped off it. This wasn't spraying it was a puddle. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I have been told to get rid of him because nothing will stop this behavier and I have also been told that medication can help.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fritz is clearly feeling anxiety about the other new members.
He's feeling that he must send a clear message to them of his presence, this would likely mean he feels a threat for some reason.

Medication temporarily can def help, and also to start the introduction process over again from scratch and take it much slower.
Getting rid of the cat is never an answer until all has been tried to remedy this unwelcome behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat dad72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply, would you suggest I put him in a separate room like he was the new cat. He does try to stay away from the others. It seems most of the fighting is at meal time when they are close together, they do get their own bowls. Maybe I should feed him in a different room for now