Cat exercise wheel

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was gifted one from a very good friend, it was her late Bengals. I felt honored that she thought of our cats being the recipients :)
My house cats wouldn't touch it. I tried feather toys, laser lights, and they wouldn't step inside. I took it to work and we put it in the cattery. It sat there for awhile and no one touched it. I was bummed out, but our work cats are 14, 14, 10, and 10. But one night I heard this whirring noise like a washing machine on spin cycle coming from the cat room. She was taking that thing for a spin at a trot. She saw me and hopped out. I still see/hear her in it sometimes. I really like having it available for them. (Tiger, the fat cat, won't go near it, of course!)

jenny j

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a wheel it keeps my cats busy for ages. They both do it side by side its so funny to watch.
Its a good idea to get a wheel if you can, my cats love it. But to be fair they ignored it for ages. Then just sat on it. So I praised them when it moved a bit. Now the are professionals on it. It keeps down their weight and keeps them from getting bored. It's called an elmarto it's German, so it comes in a big box you don't have to put it together, you just pop it on the base and it's ready to go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks y’all I’ve really been on the fence of getting one. Maybe it’s time!

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ended up giving mine to a local cat shelter. My cat would not use it. Good news, the cats in the shelter are using it and the shelter owner hooked me up with a dental cleaning unlimited extractions for Spotty. Total cost $150.00. When I dropped off the wheel, I just had Spotty at the vet for $350.00 for his blood work and get an estimate of $1250.00 for his dental.
Some things just seem to work out for those who help other cat owners. Besides a Chocolate Thai Suphalak is a good luck cat.

I do recommend One Fast cat for the wheel because it is lightweight but a solid construction. Cost is also not bad. Keep in mind the wheel is about 4 foot round, this is not something to hide in a corner.
One fast cat

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ended up giving mine to a local cat shelter. My cat would not use it. Good news, the cats in the shelter are using it and the shelter owner hooked me up with a dental cleaning unlimited extractions for Spotty. Total cost $150.00. When I dropped off the wheel, I just had Spotty at the vet for $350.00 for his blood work and get an estimate of $1250.00 for his dental.
Some things just seem to work out for those who help other cat owners. Besides a Chocolate Thai Suphalak is a good luck cat.

I do recommend One Fast cat for the wheel because it is lightweight but a solid construction. Cost is also not bad. Keep in mind the wheel is about 4 foot round, this is not something to hide in a corner.
One fast cat
Hi! That was so kind of you to give to a shelter and so great that you could get your cleanings done at a discount. I just had mine quoted at $1600. We are going to pass on that for now!! That is the brand I was looking at. One thing that is bothering me.. if you look on the website it shows 4.6 stars and raving reviews. If you check the google reviews it’s a 3.7 and all the reviews are pulled directly from the manufacture website. It’s kind of upsetting that they choose to hide many of their bad reviews from being seen on their website. Most of the negative reviews talk about how the product arrived damaged / pieces not made to fit together correctly yet the company still charges the return fee to send back and different amount than stated on the website. I just found this 2 nights ago. Now I’m totally up in the air about getting it. $250 plus shipping is a lot of money for a big potential of a faulty unit. I wish I would not have come across that and just ordered it already.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its a good idea to get a wheel if you can, my cats love it. But to be fair they ignored it for ages. Then just sat on it. So I praised them when it moved a bit. Now the are professionals on it. It keeps down their weight and keeps them from getting bored. It's called an elmarto it's German, so it comes in a big box you don't have to put it together, you just pop it on the base and it's ready to go.
Where did you find this brand? I have searched google and can not find it.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! That was so kind of you to give to a shelter and so great that you could get your cleanings done at a discount. I just had mine quoted at $1600. We are going to pass on that for now!! That is the brand I was looking at. One thing that is bothering me.. if you look on the website it shows 4.6 stars and raving reviews. If you check the google reviews it’s a 3.7 and all the reviews are pulled directly from the manufacture website. It’s kind of upsetting that they choose to hide many of their bad reviews from being seen on their website. Most of the negative reviews talk about how the product arrived damaged / pieces not made to fit together correctly yet the company still charges the return fee to send back and different amount than stated on the website. I just found this 2 nights ago. Now I’m totally up in the air about getting it. $250 plus shipping is a lot of money for a big potential of a faulty unit. I wish I would not have come across that and just ordered it already.
It's a pain to put together, but if you watch the video it makes sense. I had to use a screwdriver to push some of the clips in. Do some shopping for the teeth cleaning. I had a different vet quote $450.00,