Cat eats everything...... EVERYTHING

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi lovelies!

Mr. Ollie here has a weird obsession... Which is literally any food. At first it was bread and cheese, some chicken that he was trying to steal, I figured that was normal. But now it's to the point that I have to keep a list of poisonous things on hand!!

He loves broccoli, bell peppers, lettuce, black olives, and anything else he can get his paws on.

Just wanting to know if this is normal? Even though these things aren't poisonous, is it okay for him to be eating them??

I had tacos the other day and he literally picked some lettuce off took it away and ate it lol.

Love love love opinions please!!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just want to say that a LOT of cats like olives.  There is something in them that is similar to catnip
  As to the rest of the foods he eats, I would say as long as he doesn't over do it, it probably won't hurt him.  But just make sure he eats MAINLY cat food, because the rest of it isn't 100% nutritiously complete for a cat. Consider those human foods as his treats.

I'm guessing he wants that food because he sees YOU eating them, so figures he should get them too

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli is like that, too. The one thing he refuses to eat is a banana, but anything else is considered fair game. Of course, we don't let him have "people food" (when we manage to guard our plates) other than little bits of unprocessed meat, veggies including lettuce, or cheese. The kitchen cabinets are child-proofed, and anything in the pantry has to go in food storage containers with tight lids. Mogli has been known to eat uncooked pasta, flour, ketchup...... if it's edible, he wants it.

Last edited:

kiciakocia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Scotty hates bananas too but oddly enough loves banana bread! He's one of omnivorous cats. Lol. He will try everything at least once. He loves to share my egg and avocado on toast. Lol
I try to share food without spices but since he went nuts for Mexican food which he stole I started to mix my own spices to make sure blend has no garlic or onion. I know Scotty will get his paws on it.
Also mango home made popsicle was one of his things.
He mostly eats his cat food however.

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
My old cat used to love broccoli, broad beans, chickpeas, and lentils. All things he pinched off my plate, or i dropped on the floor. So i used to give him some as a treat. I opened a tin of chickpeas the other day, and my two new kittens went nuts trying to get them. So i gave them a couple, and they loved them!