Cat eating Magic Pop Rice Cakes

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I break these apart and scoop my salad with th for dinner. I turned away for a second and one of the cats was playing with one of my scoops, proceeded to eat some small pieces of it.
Is this safe for her? I don’t do treats anymore because of their weight. This would seem ideal every now and then if it’s safe.

Ingredients: Unbleached wheat flour. Long Grain Parboiled brown rice, Water, Salt, Soybean Oil, Natural and Artificial sharp cheddar cheese flavor.
Contains: Wheat & Soy

Attachments

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think you need to rush her to the vet and she will probably be fine. I do think it would probably be best to attempt to keep them away from her in the future. I feel your pain. My husband left some butter on the kitchen counter a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure our 1 year old ate like half the amount he left out. Not a whole stick or anything, but still far more than he should have. If it would give you peace of mind, you could call a local emergency vet near you and see what they think? While I wouldn't give those to a cat on purpose, I don't think it will harm them if they got into them and ate a few crumbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think you need to rush her to the vet and she will probably be fine. I do think it would probably be best to attempt to keep them away from her in the future. I feel your pain. My husband left some butter on the kitchen counter a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure our 1 year old ate like half the amount he left out. Not a whole stick or anything, but still far more than he should have. If it would give you peace of mind, you could call a local emergency vet near you and see what they think? While I wouldn't give those to a cat on purpose, I don't think it will harm them if they got into them and ate a few crumbs.
Thank you for the advice !