Cat Eating Less

giusyjoey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Cat lovers! I lovely 1-year old cat has started to go out a month ago and her behaviour has a bit changed. Apart from the fact that she always wants to go out and she even broke the cat flap (I had to put a massive rock in front of the hole to not let her out during the night), she doesn't eat as much. I realised that the more she goes out, the less she eats. She's never liked her wet food (I'm gonna change it) but now hat she goes out she barely touches it? When I go to work I close the hole and she eats more, maybe out of boredom. So, Is it possible that with the excitement of exploring the area she doesn't eat as much? Thanks for your help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

giusyjoey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, I let her out today and I followed her so i know where she goes, a neighbour's grade which is fine, away from the streets. However, it is now raining and I am calling her, she sees me but she doesn't want to cm back? She seems pretty scared of the rain (her first time outside with rain), running back and forth trying to escape it. If she is so scared and doesn't want to be out in the rain why doesn't she cm back? I tried calling her several times but nothing. I also made a little path for her so she can cm back but nothing. Will she be there forever?, I am afraid she won't cm back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

giusyjoey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a fence cause there used to be a fox around and he/she would roam in our garden, so I couldn't get to her. Anyway after it stopped raining she came back for her meal. Thank gog

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are just wanderers but there wouldn't be anything in your house that could be driving her out? Do you have other animals? Young children? And if so does she have a good relationship with them? It sounds like you live in the country so there would be quiet places in the house where she can relax?