cat - eating behaviour problems - HELP!!!!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Bea is like this.

she's a jerk. period, just like people can be.
some cats are like that.

She's healthy, she has a warm home and bed (in my sock drawer) and she's spoiled. I can't help it I love her.

but she's a jerk. she bites, she hisses and growls, she swats at me and the other cats. She likes my SO more than she likes me.

I actually got the kittens because she wasn't affectionate, i wanted affectionate cats. She wanted to be left alone, so I left her alone. she doesn't like the kittens either but they don't fight. so now I'm not annoying her all the time with my snuggles and I can give loves to two other rescue kitties.

Try treat time
. This (besides feeding time) is one of the only times she likes me
. I also pet and snuggle her while she's sleeping until she swats at me

I just let her be herself. I would never consider re-homing her.

cmoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When we bought Dillon home as a kitten. He pooed on the settee every morning. He grabbed my legs as I came into the living room and bit me and held on as I walked to the kitchen, he was naughty and into everything. He wore me out. I used to play with him all morning, then stuff him full of sardines and he would be asleep when my husband came home and I was exhausted, usually laying on the couch still dangling a piece of string. We got another cat, sensitive Toby, poor Toby didnt know what hit him, Dillon jumped on top of him as soon as he saw him, so for the first few nights we separated them, within a week, they were sleeping together, together all the time and Toby even tried to cover the poo on the settee that Dillon put there. I got big cardboard boxes, put holes in them, joined them together and they spent hrs playing with each other going in and out of the holes and chasing each other up and down the stairs. It worked with Dillon. He got calmer as he got older anyway, but he still had mischief in him which turned into a book of funny memories, far too many to write here. He had such a character.