Cat Drooling Heavily

miss moogles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats (3 year old Russian blue rescue) has been drooling heavily all day today. So much that she leaves puddles. She still eatting and drinks water. I will be taking her in to emergency as soon as my husband gets home - can't catch her on my own. Anyone have any experience with this? She and another cat live in our enclosed catio. I think she may have eaten a bee and got stung. Thanks!

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had issues with one of my cats hypersalivating a few years ago one night. I don't want to scare you, but hypersalivation is a common symptom of poisoning (in my cat's case she ate a plant I thought was grass, but turned out to be siberian squill. In your case maybe a reaction to the bee sting?), so you should definitely get your cat to an emergency vet for a checkup. I would also take a quick look around your house to see if there is anything he could have gotten into just in case the vet needs the info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss moogles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had issues with one of my cats hypersalivating a few years ago one night. I don't want to scare you, but hypersalivation is a common symptom of poisoning (in my cat's case she ate a plant I thought was grass, but turned out to be siberian squill. In your case maybe a reaction to the bee sting?), so you should definitely get your cat to an emergency vet for a checkup. I would also take a quick look around your house to see if there is anything he could have gotten into just in case the vet needs the info.
Thanks! We are trying to get her to emergency vet. she is semi feral and goes crazy when we try. I will try again later tonight. Even with two of us we couldn't get her .I keep hoping she ate a bee. Hope it's not poisoning and hope we can get her in soon .