cat drinking fountain

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The reason I went with Drinkwell over the CatIt fountain was because the CatIt looked huge. For those of you who have used both, could you tell me what the size comparison is?

gypsyinamorata

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pui Hang

The reason I went with Drinkwell over the CatIt fountain was because the CatIt looked huge. For those of you who have used both, could you tell me what the size comparison is?
I saw the CatIt in the store the other day and I thought it was really huge compared to the PetMate one. I haven't seen the Drinkwell one though.

blue ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The difference is that yes, the CatIt is larger, specially if you put on all the attachments (I opted not to use the bowl, though I wish it came with that neat little place mat you can get separately.)
Then again I live in a dry environment, and have several cats, so I needed a fountain that could hold more water with out having to refill it every 1-2 days like I did with the Drinkwell.
I believe... don't quote me on this. When I was researching this, the CatIt holds the most water, even more then the cat sized Drinkwell + Extra water attachment.

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To Cat It Fountain users:

I have one of these fountains. I live in a muggy, constantly hot environment. I noticed that I had to change the water every other day, otherwise the cats would turn up their noses at it and turn their attention back to the tub faucet.

Here's my problem: Scum has built up on the inside of the dome. I didn't think that the dome came off--it looks sealed. Any suggestions for how to remove the scum from inside the dome? I've tried looking for tiny brushes, but they can't contort enough for me to twist them and direct them at the area inside the dome that has the scum build-up.

Someone I know suggested using a mixture of baking soda and water, saying that the abrasive action of the baking soda might help? What do you guys think?

Thanks!

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought one of the Petmate fresh flow fountains. Unfortunately it has been a week and my cats won't touch it. I think I will try the drinkwell next and hope they go for it.