Cat Drawings

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are incredible. I drew a bunch of stuff when I was in elementary school but by the time I got to high school, I didn't want to do it anymore. For an art class I had to choose between an actual art class and a music class. I went for music and I'm glad I did. I was ok at drawing but I was much better at music.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very beautiful!, if you drew my cats, i'd pay you for them!

i don't draw organic lines very well.....i can do architecture alright....not like you though.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are definitely talented & have a wonderful sense of proportion that seems to improve as you go!
Please don't abandon your art for working in an office, someday you may look back, realized you haven't drawn in years & regret it. Don't be one of those people that say "I used to draw in high school..."
If you still have to hold down a job, that's okay, but just keep a promise that you'll always make time for it. Always keep something going, even if it's for a couple of hours here & there, even if it's very detailed & takes a long time. Those are the best ones anyway, right?

I love doing the detailed pencil work, too-have you tried the Berol Prismacolors(colored pencils)yet?
Always find something to challenge yourself, & keep some of your old stuff so that when you're older you can go thru it & say "Wow, the stuff I'm doing now just blows this away" It's a wonderful thing to be an artist!

The only cat picture I have to post is a cheetah portrait I did a few years ago in pastel & colored pencil..most of the stuff I've done lately is people in pencil.

(I'm sorry if it looks big, it was the one I have on photobucket,I don't know how to make it clickable, they have a new format & I haven't been over there much lately)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

Please don't abandon your art for working in an office, someday you may look back, realized you haven't drawn in years & regret it. Don't be one of those people that say "I used to draw in high school..."
Excellent advice. And from someone who's a spectacular artist herself! She oughta know!

ShopCat, I'd love to see more of your work, too... why don't you start your own thread? Pleeeeeease?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Your artwork is wonderful!!!
Since you asked, here's the ones I have in photobucket that I drew (I made them clickable because I felt kinda funny putting them in your thread! But since you asked, I would love to share! These have been floating around here a bit- not exactly new to some people who saw the cookbook cover contest, or the poster contest-lol. Thanks!
)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/boxart/2RESIZEDNEWSIGCATSITE.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/boxart/catsallover7catsitepostercontest.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/boxart/forbdp2-1.jpg
Thanks for posting those! I love your work, especially the Cooking with Cattitude one.

Originally Posted by ShopCat

You are definitely talented & have a wonderful sense of proportion that seems to improve as you go!
If you still have to hold down a job, that's okay, but just keep a promise that you'll always make time for it. Always keep something going, even if it's for a couple of hours here & there, even if it's very detailed & takes a long time. Those are the best ones anyway, right?

I love doing the detailed pencil work, too-have you tried the Berol Prismacolors(colored pencils)yet?
Always find something to challenge yourself, & keep some of your old stuff so that when you're older you can go thru it & say "Wow, the stuff I'm doing now just blows this away" It's a wonderful thing to be an artist!

The only cat picture I have to post is a cheetah portrait I did a few years ago in pastel & colored pencil..most of the stuff I've done lately is people in pencil.

(I'm sorry if it looks big, it was the one I have on photobucket,I don't know how to make it clickable, they have a new format & I haven't been over there much lately)
Thank you for the advice, I think I will still make time for drawing. Even sketching is good, it my not look as good as a detailed drawing but I think it still helps to improve one's art skills.

I've never experimented much with color, I tried it a couple times but the outcomes weren't too good. I have one of a Boxer dog but I can't scan it until I get a USB chord for my new printer/scanner.

Your cheetah is *amazing*! I'll have to commision you someday.
I agree with Carol, I'd love to see more of your work!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Those are great! I would love to see more of your art, even if it isn't of cats. By the way, where in Canada are you from?
I want to private message you, but I don't see where the pm link is.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

just click on her username
I did but the option isn't there, I checked on her profile page as well.

But anyway, I live in New Brunswick.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

sorry, i didn't check her profile. she's a minor - they're not allowed to receive or send PMs.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

Yah, I'm not old enough to PM. I don't think there's any other members here from New Brunswick.. of course, I could be wrong.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a really nice thread
Lots of serious talent, well done