Cat door dashing?

atypicalaries

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats, brother and sister from the same litter. Bolt, the sister, has a serious problem with door dashing. My fiancé and I have had to chase her down the street three times the last week. They're indoor cats because we live next to a busy road (and I really don't want to take the chances on that), otherwise I'd have them indoor/outdoor because I think it's horrible just keeping them in the house. The brother never tries to leave but the sister is much more adventrous, I'm thinking about getting her a harness and taking her out for walks because I don't know what else to do. I want them to experience the outside but when I try with the brother, he won't have it. I'm tired of trying to run off after her though, on top of the fact she doesn't listen to either of us. Anything we could do?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking her for walks is a good idea. It will give her a taste of the outdoors and satisfy some of her curiosity. I have a dasher, too, and have to watch him like a hawk when I go out the door or open the door for someone to come in. In the winter, he flops on the floor in front of the door when I put my coat on and get my keys out, so I have to distract him with a few pieces of kibble on the other side of the room.

He's not as bad about the escaping as he used to, so you've got something to look forward to.