Cat Dont Like Brushing

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Monica's Six

Yeah, if you are only looking at it as a cat grooming tool, then I'd definitely save the $10.00... But if you are looking to get the cat fur off your sofa or clothes, it's the best thing I've found where I'm not throwing something out all the time!

For less than $10.00 you can get one of these online. I couldn't find them on Petsmart's website, but Petco has them.

http://www.petco.com/product_info.as...hedding+Blades

Did you happen to post a picture of your cat out here? I know I put up a picture of the grooming tools I use... but I should put up a picture of all the ones I have that I don't use. I think I have enough inventory to stock a pet store between the grooming tools I've bought and the ones I've inhereted from friends! I have a whole grooming station I keep next to me on the couch so they're always accessible when a cat is on my lap! It includes their combs, the glovie, nail clippers, eye goop cleaner... and ofcourse cat treats! I think by keeping them always in reach it allows me to keep grooming an informal process that can be started and stopped whenever. I think if I tried to make grooming a big ordeal my cats would have no part of it. The big issue with my scheme comes when I need to comb one of their belly fur. They don't like that too much!
-
Thanks for your continued help. I do have a shedding blade that I use when I can. I can only brush the cat for a very, very short while before he starts growling at me. If I'm foolish enough to continue he will either bite or scratch me. I'd try the treats but the cat has a very sensitive stomach. He likes to think that he's big and tough, but he's really just a big baby. I haven't posted a picture because I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it yet.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a short hair white female, who sheds A LOT. She has a love glove, I put fresh catnip on my floor, and while she was playing and rubbing on it, I petted her a few times, then I slipped on the loveglove, and pet her a couple strokes with it. AT first it scared her, but once I got a little fur out, she LOVES brushing. She also has a zoom groom, and loves that as well. She likes almost any kind of comb/brush. But she especially loves to be brushed while she is rolling in catnip ???? Just her though.