Cat & Dog

Harleyquinn820

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi all! So my harley is 8 months old now and spayed.. I just found out a family member may need to stay over our house for 2 months come end of June in between moving into a new home. They have a dog, a small older one I believe is a maltese(not positive). She is not aggressive at all. I am wondering already, what is the best way to go about this with my cat? especially because its a temporary situation..thanks in advance!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i realize your house guest isn't permanent but because the dog will be in your house for over two months I thought it would be helpful for you to read this Article: How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog

Maltese are usually not aggressive or dominant but since the dog is older she may have some hearing or vision loss as well as arthritis. Any one of these ailments could affect her if your kitten is overly playful, therefore, I would recommend finding out about her overall health. Best of luck, please check back if you have any other questions or concerns once the dog is in your home. :goodluck: