Cat doesn't meow around me?

mybffpippa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, 

I know this isn't the place to post these sorts of questions, but I can't seem to post in the behavior forum :/ 

So my boyfriend's cat is very clingy with him, even though there's 4 other people in the house she chooses to follow him around everywhere, wait for him to get home, meow at him constantly, etc. She's about 3 years old and he's had her for a year now and I've been with her since the day he brought her home. I love her very much and give her a ton of affection and attention every time I'm over at his place (around 3 times a week). The thing is, she's super quiet around me, she doesn't meow at all (even when my bf is there with me). She doesn't mind me petting her and she even licks me when I pet her. I giver her treats almost every time I'm there and she loves them. She also isn't as clingy with my bf when i'm there. As soon as I leave, she starts meowing again and being clingy with my bf. By meowing I mean making sounds when she rubs her head against him, or as she's walking, or if she want's food/water, etc. I'd just like to know what this means. Does this mean she's afraid of me/doesn't like me? Is she uncomfortable around me? What can I do to change it if that's the case? Please answer! Thank you!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like Pippa is in love with your boyfriend

Seriously, some cats actually take more to men or to women, or maybe he is the one who always feeds her (apart from the treats you give her)?  Does he talk to her?  Do you? I used to have a cat that meowed every time I spoke to her.

There's really no problem here.. she likes you as you can pet her and she gives you licks.  But your boyfriend is around more and it seems Pippa thinks he's the one to chat with.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybffpippa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I talk to her a lot! I feed her her normal food too when I'm there and give her water. But it's good to know she doesn't hate me or anything hehe. I just thought it was strange that she doesn't even make a peep when I'm there but is so vocal once i leave. Thanks for the reply!! Your cat is BEAUTIFUL btw!!

Last edited:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[COLOR=#"Blue"]Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina :silver: & Milky :whitecat: te saludan!!!........:wavey:[/COLOR]
(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina & Milky say hello to you!!!...;))

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..:) here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireless Mod´s to help us here!....:hyper:

See you on the forums!, Glad you join us!:hyper: