Cat doesn't know how to use claws

bootiebear1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I have a cat that doesn't know how to use her claws properly. She gets caught on the carpet a lot and I have to unhook her. I trim her claws frequently but she is always dragging things around (small rugs, clothes, towels etc.) because she doesn't know how to get free. I have never had this problem with other cats. She might be a little slow because she falls a lot when she sleeps on the arm of the sofa...it's like her equilibrium is not there.
I found her in a sewer when she was a very small kitten. That was 2 years ago and she never really grew to be very big. I'm not sure if her growth was stunted and this affected some of her cat behavior? She's a good kitty, though.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she had a thorough vet check with the vet aware of these things? It could be something serious, muscle or nerve disorder, I would get it checked out and tell them everything so they know what to test for.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Has she had a thorough vet check with the vet aware of these things? It could be something serious, muscle or nerve disorder, I would get it checked out and tell them everything so they know what to test for.
I agree. Take her to the vet and explain the problem. She needs to be looked at to rule out anything serious!! Good luck!!