Cat diarrhea

NoonChi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello 👋,

My cat is almost 4 iv had him since he was allowed to leave his mom. He's never had a health issue and I also baby the crap out of him lol.

Anyways he has diarrhea I'm here to ask about any home remedies to stop diarrhea. I know Pumpkin lime the pure I the can not pie mix er w.e. other then that is there anything that's work for any of you? Thank you in advance ☺

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
S boulardii has worked well for me, it seems to clear the diarrhoea up in about 3 days. Also a pinch of psyllium sprinkled on the food twice a day also works.

Has he been wormed or have you changed his food recently..both can cause diarrhoea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NoonChi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The thing is we moved in w my in laws they have a cat my cat has been getting the same food for almost 4 yrs w zeros issues. The cats are not separated and both eat each others food. We have stil had no issue. We suspect she changed the food and isn't telling anyone. So my plan is to just get him use to the food. By adding it to his. It's only been a day or 2 doing that. I also wonder if her cat is stressing him out bc she bites like it's the only way this cat knows how to play.. pisses me off. So for now the cats have been separated while we deal w this. Ty for the item I'll search it

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any change such as your cat has had can upset them. You are doing the right thing by separating them and do a slow introduction. As for the food, mixing the old with the new and transitioning of a week or so is great.

Should have said earlier, welcome to the site, glad you joined us. Enjoy looking around and joining in and don't forget photos, the more the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NoonChi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much. I only just found this site glad I have a place to go and ask questions. I'll be posting pictures of my kitty at some point ty again