cat diarrhea and vomiting not eating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think the blood is gone ! well i have to wait at least till tmrw to say that but it's been reduced then the last time  he peed there was no blood !!!

i hope it goes away !!!!!!!! 
 even his stool has changed  (no more egg white form but still dark and not solid)

@KittyMomma1122   i never gave him a name i call him BABY!! and he  is my little baby !! 

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I had to leave to go work adoptions today!

Several things, first of all, the list of veterinary teaching schools is what they are here as well. They use real animals in their teaching to educate the class.

So even though they are called schools, they do actually take pets to help teach.

If I were you I would call each of them tmrw morning and find out who will help you with him.

If for some reason none will, at least they can tell you who to contact that can help cats best near you.

I can see in his darling picture he is not feeling well. While there are many home remedies, they are called supportive care, things like rehydrating, etc.

However, he does have something happening inside his body, so you are basically buying time because you have rehydrated him and got him eating again (thankfully!) but you really must get him tested to get an accurate diagnosis and proper medication to get him well again.

It can be very simple to treat with medication, but there is really no home remedies that will replace things like parasitic meds or antibiotics.

Baby is a good name for him :)

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a cutie!!! :) Hang in there Abby - are any of the schools listed near you?  Perhaps, as others have stated, they can recommend another vet near you if nothing else.

From what you've described if it were me I'd insist the next vet explain things to you before they do it.   When I took my very young kitten to the vet  before I knew it they had swept her away for an x-ray.  Now I try to be better about making them explain and asking for a moment to think before making a decision.  They call it informed consent for a reason.

Good luck and please keep us posted. 

Last edited:

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He looks slightly better than the first picture but still disheveled. Probably he is not grooming himself yet.

I would call a vet school. What have you got to lose? I would ask the vet school if at least they do testing. Then you can bring a stool sample to check for parasites and worms.

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He does have a 'feeling better' look to him, so this is very good news!

I still want to really encourage you to seek out a vet who can help him best.

Please try to remember, he was in very poor condition just days ago, with serious signs of illness, serious. Blood in urine does not happen on it's own, or with a passing virus. All of his symptoms together equal a serious problem with his health.

I worry that because we got him to the point where he is now, showing good improvements, and the fact of finding a cat vet is so difficult where you are, that you will continue as you have been with supportive care but he will not have been diagnosed and treated medically.

While I can't predict the future, and who knows, he may very well fully recover without medical help, I think it's very risky to hope without finding out the cause of his illness. It can be something that in time gets alot worse, or he could suddenly go downhill very fast and too late to help him.

You just never know what the future brings, and I would sure hate for something to surface later on.

I am so relieved to hear and see he looks so much better though!!

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i searched for another vet in town ; someone i know recomanded one ! i talked to her she said it's not very serious but still need to b treated ; i got her number 

but i want to wait some days before taking him cuz if the treatment requires antibiotics or something he needs to get his strength back first otherwise the medicine will hurt him not heal him just like wht happened before 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear you have found a vet for cats!

It's odd for the shots to have made him worse before, it really makes me wonder what it was he was given to cause this, especially from a non-cat vet........hmm.

Usually a cat can be extremely sick, very weak, etc and medicine will improve him, not make him sicker.

I wouldn't wait too long though, just to be on the safe side! :)

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Abby-just like antibiotics for humans, you don't wait till you start feeling better.  You take antibiotics so that you can start feeling better.  The same game goes for Baby

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still suggest going to a vet. For him to have all these signs isn't something to think of lightly and to ignore only because he's "slightly improving" despite that he still has diarrhea and only eats certain food. I know of a story of a little kitten who was sick all the time, then did better, got sick again and so on and so on. Now, 3 months later, he's dead. He had FIP (Something they found out after his dead), something he could not cure from, but you can keep it under control for a while and you will think he's doing better while you are just fighting the symtoms. Looking at his fur he looks awful, he still needs help.

Last edited:

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First of all that's, fantastic news!!!!  Now you can breath a bit before making some decisions.  :)

On that note, I'll just echo what the others have been saying about taking him to a vet.  There's many things that they can do something about now, in a way that's affordable, that aren't options later. 

But that said we've all experienced competent vets being anything but proactive in figuring out what's wrong.  Especially now that he's getting better.  Like cat woman says you really need to stress that there was blood in his urine.  Can you show the pictures to them somehow?  I'm not the best at pushing the vet, but I try to remember I'm the only advocate they have. 

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Good to hear you have found a vet for cats!

It's odd for the shots to have made him worse before, it really makes me wonder what it was he was given to cause this, especially from a non-cat vet........hmm.

Usually a cat can be extremely sick, very weak, etc and medicine will improve him, not make him sicker.

I wouldn't wait too long though, just to be on the safe side! :)
Yeah but if they were vaccines like rabies it  often makes them temporarily worse.

Really all the more important to find out if they were vaccinations because you don`t want the next vet to give the same ones over again.

Oy... all the more reason to keep good records from every vet visit.    

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry guys i've been so busy ! i'm having exams this week !

well Baby is fine he's back to normal 

i called the vet and told her that the blood ,the diarrhea, the vomitting r all gone so she told me that there's nothing to worry about 

now he plays like he used to , he eats everything(not only chicken liver) he's back to his habbits !! aparently he's healed 

i hope nothing bad happens to him again !

and thank u guys for u advice and support i really appreciate it ! <3