Cat cramps

woodcote

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please if there is anyone out there that has experienced their cat having frequent leg cramps, my cat is eating, doing all the normal things, then he suddenly walks around very slowly and then he can't use his legs, could be one or all, this last for about 1 minute then he seems to come round and runs off as if nothing has happened. I try to pick him up but he cries and gets very angry. He is a male long haired siamese aged 9 years. I have taken him to ther vets but he found nothing except he thought it might be due to stress. I am at my wits end to try to find an answer to this, so any imput would be so appreciated. thankyou.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're looking for an answer...has anything changed in your home to cause stress for your cat (new people, different food, new pets, change in your schedule to be home)? What tests have the vets run? My first thought would be something neurological, but I'm sure the vets thought of that. By any chance have you been able to get a video when this happens to your cat to show the vets? You do have my best wishes that your cat is ok. It's so frustrating when you can't get to a quick diagnosis.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you're trying to figure this out. I'm sure it's frustrating. My initial thought was something neurological as well.