Cat crafts?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by starlie

Did you make those from scratch or did you use a pattern? If you used a pattern, where can I find one?
Originally Posted by Momofmany

The first cat tent is a pattern - probably Butterick or McCalls (in the craft section of the book). The others I modeled off of things I saw or made them up.

The hardest thing to find for the first tent is the poles to hold them up. The pattern recommends basket rattan, but I first used acrylic rods that broke, then found some fiberglas rods from a kite making site (Into the Wind). Those poles have passed the rough and tumble test so far.....
I actually just bought a tent almost identical to yours. Completely put together and rather inexpensive.
Paid $9.99 at Big Lots... It's a Cheetah print.
I'll post a pic in a second..

The brand is "Cozy Pet" called a Premium Quality Pop-Up Cat Tent

I found one online, marketed for a farret, but should work for a cat.
http://www.petluvers.com/marshallpet...ntafleece.html

here is another but is more expensive
http://www.seniorpetproducts.com/catbedcattent.html

Hope I have helped some, maybe if you have a Big Lots near you, they may have some.

Jilly

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by irisanth

omg! i love the cheese. was it hard to make? i think ill make one soon for my kiki in the summer.
Not hard to make, but difficult to find the right foam to make it stand up right. And you need a sewing machine that can do the appliques for the circles. I use fleece for the outside and a cotton or cotton blend on the inside. The foam is a 3/4" sturdy foam that you can't find in stores - you need to order it from online sources. And if you have a cheap sewing machine, you'll break trying to sew the pieces together. I had to replace one machine and ended up buying a commercial grade one for these types of projects.

irisanth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Not hard to make, but difficult to find the right foam to make it stand up right. And you need a sewing machine that can do the appliques for the circles. I use fleece for the outside and a cotton or cotton blend on the inside. The foam is a 3/4" sturdy foam that you can't find in stores - you need to order it from online sources. And if you have a cheap sewing machine, you'll break trying to sew the pieces together. I had to replace one machine and ended up buying a commercial grade one for these types of projects.
momofmany, my sewing machine is sturdy but cheap i think..
i think i might do it by hand. am i crazy to want to try that? i didnt know you used foam. i thought you used just some regular stuffing on it.