Cat cooling mats

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're in the middle of a heatwave at the moment and I've been looking at cooling mats. Positive reviewers seem to own dogs. Can anyone give me some feedback about whether cats like them? Are the water cooled mats better than the ones you freeze?   

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please ignore this, I've bought one anyway. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What kind of mat did you get? How well is it working for you? It would be nice to have some feedback in case someone else is looking for cooling mats.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hasn't arrived yet, this is the blurb: I'll update this when I've tried it. 

Self Cooling XL Summer Cool Mat Bed Non Toxic Cooling Cushion for HOT SUMMER
Size: 90cm x 45cm

This new generation cooling mat which does not contain any gel or water. It contains high heat absorption material (PCM - phase-change material) which absorbs 50 times more heat than other cooling mats. No more gel, water leaking. The best choice in hot summer.  Non Toxic, Self cooling.

Simply place Cooling Mat under anything that needs cooling and it instantly absorbs heat, making body comfortably cool betwwen 25 degrees to 29 degrees for up to 6 hours without using electricity. PCM naturally crystallizes to solid state below 25 dgrees. To reuse , just leave it to itself and wait for it to turn back to solid, or for speed cooling, put it in the freezer for around 10 minutes until the PCM crystallizes. 

Self cooling without power
Top Quality product
Wear-resistant and two-layer PVC heat-sealing material.
Easy to maintain
Thickened design, more comfortable for your pets.
Inner core uses "Phase Change Thermostatic Materials" which absorbs heat 50 times more effectively than equal water or gel, and more, it keeps constant temperature
for up to 6 hours to always cool you off.
waterproof material, comfortable to use.
No water leakage and 300kg compression resistance.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mat came and the cats both lay on it. It feels cool to the touch but not cold, when you place your hand on it you can feel it wicking away the heat away from it.

The plastic is not slick and the mat is quite heavy so it won't skid across the floor. 

I'm really happy with it. I bought it from ebay Australia but I've just searched on "phase-change material" and had quite a few hits particularly from Walmart.