Cat continously cries to go outside

cerulean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We rescused  a small kitten (about 4 mo. old) from a Car Park in the city at my work, this was about a year and a half ago.  He integrated well with our other cats and was allowed outdoors in a controlled environment (12 ft wall) with our other cats at our first house. He escpaed once accidentally from the front door, and was missing a week and we found him hiding in an open transformer room.

We have since moved and have been here a year, again he was accidently let out and we again found him in a transformer room and he was fine. Then about 2 weeks ago, workmen never fully closed our front door and all cats got out but came right back, except him (we had him neutered when we first got him) and he was gone a week. My husband found him roaming the nieghborhood but he ran from him, then the next day he came home.

Problem is now, he CONSTANTLY walks around the house window to window, door to door to be let out and Meows at all hours. This isn't a friendly hi meow, its almost like the female in heat meows. This is non-stop except when he naps.

Any ideas why and how we can stop this. Maybe he got a girlfriend on his last journey?

Need Sleep. Help.

Cerulean

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absent any Heath problems it looks like he is begging and begging to go out and hopes you relent. Mine have done that after "escaping" and it's hard not. If you do let him out once or twice your cat will learn that all he has to do is beg again to be let out. My mom has this problem with her cat. It tough but it will require your willpower to keep him in.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Has he been neutered?

shellyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our male neutered young cat cries to go outside and lurks at doorways too.  Yesterday, the dogs were in the back yard with us so I let him out.  He explored the yard, the shed and the garage.  He was pretty pleased with himself.  After about 30 minutes I put him back in the house and he stopped crying.  As much as I would like to let him be an outdoor cat we have to many wild critters in our neighborhood.