Cat Constantly Touching Me

Punkie's Owner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has started sitting on the arm of my chair or couch and putting her paw on my thigh or arm.

She gets enough petting, FOR SURE. Also doing enough playing and hunting. She is not ignored.

She sleeps on my chest or between my knees.

She's always been very "pet me now, and now leave me alone" kind of independent.

Suddenly clingy.

It doesn't really bug me. It's just weird.

Has anyone else cat done this?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
One of the most darling things my Big Guy does (he's one of those l-o-n-g tall cats) is get up on his hind legs and put his chest and front legs/paws on my leg as I'm sitting at the desktop computer.
He's also quite demanding about getting his lap time in the evening, and other than that, he's somewhat the same about being independent.
But, yeah, cats are weird LOL

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, my boy cat always had to have his paw on my arm or leg. I loved that about him. He passed away three weeks ago and that is one thing I will always remember about him. It was like he was holding my hand sometimes when he would put his paw on top of my hand. Treasure that closeness!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Punkie's Owner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes! It is like we are holding hands! I just worry that something is wrong. Maybe she's just getting older. I don't know.

Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
If you've had her in to the vet, she's eating, playing, jumping and using the box normally otherwise, you're likely all good and she's simply come to the conclusion that you're pretty darn cool in her world.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have a cat. End communique.

My cat loves me in winter, despises me in summer. Unless I do something that impresses her like killing a spider. Truth is cats don't speak English so really every piece of advice anybody has ever given on cats is at best.....a best guess.