Cat Cone/ Elizabethan

nekoneko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! (i'm sorry if it's on the wrong forum)
My 2 cats got neutured yesterday. But one of them kept licking and biting her incision. We put band aids on it, but she kept removing it. So we bought a cone or elizabethan for her this morning.

But idk if the size fits her. She can still lick her tail but i haven't seen her try to lick the incision. (it's on her side)

What do you think? Should i get a bigger one?
Btw , it was my mom who bought it so i don't know if the next size is too large

Attachments

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can also get the soft cones so that kitty can lay down comfortably. I purchased a baby onesie when my cat got spayed and I had to modify it to fit her - that was a life saver to keep her from licking her stitches. If you google baby onesie for cats you will find multiple links for how to make them. Now is a good time because summer items are out - I got my onesie at walmart - it was a tank top style and those are perfect because where the normal baby head would go, that is the back end for your cat and each of your cats back legs go thru the arm holes - this way butt and tail are fully exposed. Where the crotch of the onesie is you cut a section by the snaps for your cats head - I took the crotch part up and over so the snaps will be at your cats scruff. I got about 3 or 4 of these and just changed them out every few days. Much better than the cone in my opinion.