Cat Condo

yttrai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Either PetCo or PetSmart (i am linguisitically challenged, that's my excuse) sells a cat condo that is basically a two shelf bookshelf with a hole cut in the middle and carpet on the top and insides.

Have you looked around at your local Goodwill or Salvation Army or St Vincent De Paul to see if you can buy an El Cheapo bookshelf (full height, not the little one on the website) and do the hole cutting and carpeting yourself? You could also then hang toys on various levels that are tailored to your cats' preferences, as well as make a few hammocks from cloth scraps.

In case money is the deciding factor. And think of the fun you would have: Tools! Tools rock!

: )

Side note: definitely find a stud or two and anchor the thing to to wall since it will have a higher center of gravity than a commercially available kitty condo.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

I can definately answer this one for you. Almost all cats love cat trees and the taller the better. I have tons of customers pictures of cats enjoying cat trees however I
am only posting a few.
Be sure that with whatever cat tree your buy that is is stable and sturdy as you would not want the tree to collapse on the kitties.

Here is a pic of kitties playing with a tree before it was even put together all the way

and one of the kitties sleeping on the very top of a 6 foot tree
I LOVE THAT TREE!!! CJ WOULD GO NUTS!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My two have four .. a tee pee , a one story tunnel house one leval with toy dangles down and a three story... they use all of them

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That pic of Charlotte sitting firmly on the instructions is marvellous .... what IS it about having to obscure instructions? I'm sure it's just because it makes watching everyone get it wrong more entertaining. I love the tree!! I'm waiting for a new cat gym thing from the only UK firm I've found that makes interesting cat trees

http://www.ukparrotcages.co.uk/cat_trees.html

since getting the good ones imported from the US is seriously expensive. Can't wait to see what the cats make of it!

tigerbabygrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just won a bid on an Armarkat one, too. I'll let everyone know how the kittens like it and I'll be sure to let you know how well it holds up