Cat Condo Miracle

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK....I'm going to submit a series of pictures that tells of a remarkable story that happened to me today. The day started out miserably....lost a feral kitten, have the stomach flu (whine whine whine)....Let me unfold the story over a series of posts......

I received a copy of the "How to Build a Cat Condo" last night, thanks to Hissy running the monthly contests, and thanks to Meowhoo.com and cat-tree-plans.com.

Here is the CD:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I opened up the CD earlier this afternoon and had just brought up the images of the wonderful condos that I was going to start gathering supplies for. Here's a pic of one that I liked:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just when I had settled on the condo I was going to build. I hear a knock at the door. It's not one, but 2 delivery guys lugging a huge box onto my front porch. I look at the shipping label and it's 84 pounds. My friend warned me last night that she was shipping something to me today.

Here's the box that arrived:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, so there was a hole in the box, and anything that comes from Nancy is suspect. I tore the box open and found this big ol thing wrapped in shrink wrap, with a separate piece of wood covered in carpet......hmmmmmm.....could it be what I think it is???

btw....Nancy is a dear friend who lives in the Denver area. She and her husband drove out to Kansas City to adopt 2 of our last feral orphans, Jake and Elwood (the polydactyl), brothers of my Muddy and Koko. Could this be a thank you gift????

Here's the shrink-wrapped present:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cut the plastic off as fast as I could, as by now, the cats are coming out of the woodwork trying to figure out what this might be. Pulled out the assembly instructions and the Muddy and Koko decided to help me out.......check out the kitty over the door opening....

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scarlett....bless her little heart.....did a quality control check on the little hangy toy.....it appears to be in order.....this is still pre-assembly mind you!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check out the finished condo! Man! And to think it went from the looking at the CD to finished product in about 15 minutes! Now that's a miracle! Not sure if you can see it, but the tall post is actually taller than the doorway.....

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bogart hopped up to check it out, and Pinky came down over the top to bat at him.......poor Bogart, my senior boy wants some fun too!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little Sage....bless his heart, found the empty box to be far more fun....he couldn't get on the tree with all the big cats in the way!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And to think I just got their old tree recovered last Sunday. They still love it, and I will just have to build a room addition or something to put it in...

Last pic:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the best darn friends a person can ask for! Nancy just called me - I had been sending her e-mails all afternoon trying to thank her and couldn't get ahold of her. She bought one of these for her babies, and called the woman back to get one for us. She did it because she knew I was feeling blue with my FeLV problem a few months back and wanted to cheer me up.

I'm just stunned! I cried when I was assembling it. My husband just got home and started laughing his *ss off. I think everyone in our household just got cheered up!!!!