Cat cleaning itself in sink?

bengaldude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, my bengal (Sophia) started a new quirk that I wanted to check into. She's always loved drinking water from the kitchen faucet, but recently, she's started to stand underneath the water and let the water run on her back/shoulder. She'll then clean that area at the same time while simultaneously lapping up the excess water (apparently she's a good multi-tasker). Is this indicative of any problems/issues, or is she just being a quirky bengal as usual? 

For what it's worth, she's 6 years old, and hasn't displayed any signs of anything being wrong - no lethargy, etc. 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

So, my bengal (Sophia) started a new quirk that I wanted to check into. She's always loved drinking water from the kitchen faucet, but recently, she's started to stand underneath the water and let the water run on her back/shoulder. She'll then clean that area at the same time while simultaneously lapping up the excess water (apparently she's a good multi-tasker). Is this indicative of any problems/issues, or is she just being a quirky bengal as usual? 

For what it's worth, she's 6 years old, and hasn't displayed any signs of anything being wrong - no lethargy, etc. 
wow. its like she's bathing herself..like, how you bathe yourself, with water and minus the tongue!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally think that is SO COOL!!!!  
  I wouldn't think there is any thing to worry about, she is one of the few cats that likes water!

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely not an issue. If she starts really soaking herself down to the skin every time, then I would just keep an eye out to make sure she isn't drying out her skin with such frequent bathing. But it sounds like she's just letting it roll down, and not constantly saturating herself.  And I too, think this is a very cool & fun thing for her to be doing!

My 8 month old kitten, Dory, likes to roll around in a wet sink after the water has been turned off.  Then she settles down on the counter and has a nice groom session.  I find it particularly amusing!